December 6, 2020

November Parents Meeting – Minutes

Tuesday November 26, 2013, Marianne’s house

Meeting commenced at 7:10 pm

Attendees: Cathy, Lorraine, Marianne, Andrew, Dianne, Evan, Leanne, Murray, Judith

Minutes

Season planning: races, coach assignments, etc.

o BC Cup 1 at Whistler

Lorraine and Michelle to set up block booking rate at Executive Suites in Squamish

Dianne to determine who will be going and send in to race organizing committee

Andrew to post info on website

Lorraine to book wax room for weekend

o Regional Race at Telemark

December 28, 29, 2013

Cathy to generate invitation (Andrew will send her last year’s BC Cup invitation to work from)

Day 1: BCWG trials, Midget through Senior, plus Masters ($10 entry fee)

Evan is Zone Rep

Format: sprint

Day 2: Cadet Zone race

Move to billing prior to day of race ($30 entry fee)

Format: individual start

Add some other categories for regular biathletes to compete ($10 entry fee)

Set up on-line sign up (Andrew via website)

Need race committee – call for volunteers to go on website

Technical Delegate will be Richard

Savage Rifle Purchase update

o Didn’t go through production line at time promised, but should now be ready for pickup either first or second weekend of December

Program Planning

o Season safety session and orientation Saturday December 7 – all Bears and Bears parents

o First Grizzly/Polar practice: Saturday December 7

o First Black Bear practice: Saturday, December 14

o Second Black/Grizzly/Polar practice: Saturday, December 21

o First race for Grizzly and Polar: perhaps Saturday, December 28

o Advanced Development – will also have ski training on Thursday nights and Saturday afternoons

o Demo Days – December 7

Budget Update

o Timing hut is over budget. Was originally budgeted at $9K but now at $9500 with electrical and siding costs still to consider. Cathy has applied for a grant that will likely result in $2K funding

o New rifles will cost $3K

o Still in good shape overall but need to raise funds to be in solid position by year end.

Fundraising

o Plan on doing usual hot dog sales – some discussion on perhaps changing this to chilly or pizza, no conclusion

o Agree to do raffle again with x-c race team – was successful last year. Andrew to work with Barry to coordinate

Sponsorship Policy

o Andrew presented draft sponsorship policy. Approved.  Andrew will post on website

Building Update and Planning

o New building construction going very well

o Working on drywall

o Now need to add siding, request to purchase at $400 – approved.

BiBC Athlete Development Committee

o Evan nominated to be our representative, accepted, approved. Thanks Ev!

Telemark Nordic Club exec update

o Everything going well, ski league sold out

o There were no registrations for Teen Nordic, so we will drop this program as an option

Website and Communications (www.telemarkbiathlon.com)

o Site working well, getting on average 10 visits per day, over 4 minutes spent on site per visit

o Positive feedback received from new parents

 

Meeting adjourned at 9:15 pm